Sunday, May 10, 2009

Telltale Signs of Summer

I'm back at my computer and I have new ideas: A tribute to warm weather and nice feelings. Enjoy : )

Telltale Signs of Summer

Through an open window a breeze has carried,
The scent of new beginnings,
The scent of ripened berries.
And linen on the clothesline has the sunshine in its thread,
The memories of summers past are sweetening my head.
A salty scent that drifts for miles reminds me of the Cape,
For on and on the ocean drifts to becon my escape.

Quite possibly the trees have made their leaves show bright and green,
The earth is somehow new again, my feet upon the pristine.
The telltale signs of summer show,
They say that once again,
The thoughts of what the window shows will be what they were then.

3 comments:

Eric Chao said...

Amazing, just amazing. The poem is very thoughtful and has great imagery. I liked how you mentioned "the memories of summers past". There were a few grammar mistakes, such as "beccon" and "the my feet", but those were minor. It was very enjoyable reading it, and it flowed well.

The Winter Blossomer said...

Ah okay- I fixed the grammatical errors ; ) I whipped this out quick and didn't bother to check! Oops.

Ruefle said...

I love this poem; it fits well with how I am feeling today and how I'll be feeling for some time! The descriptiveness just captures the moment like a fresh photograph. I really enjoyed reading this poem. I like how you made your stanzas, I see that you went from detail to general idea from one to two.
I hope to read more of your poems, Mary Hannah.
Keep posting!

Post a Comment