Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What Was Night?

What was night?
I had spent many a sleepless night in fear of the answer,
awaiting an enlightenment that would ring with agony.
It was not the time of darkness, for my days were no lighter.
It was not the time of dreams, for mine were nightmares.
I had heard no such lullabies at the late hour,
Seen no such stars,
Watched no such moons.
But the weary people would always go to sleep, leaving their worlds, escaping their lives.
And it came to me on one occasion, during the previously undetermined time.
Night was the time that I was utterly alone in the world.
Such was the lonely learning of every one that followed.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFULL! I love it. It is soo true. You are very good at converying your ideas- they are very easy to understand and interperate. :)

- Jackie

Ruefle said...

epic. i love this poem, one of my favorites.

Post a Comment