Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Poem

I followed a suggestion, and ended up with this. Its not my best work, but it means something to me personally.

The Left Behind

After everything has gone wrong, I get left over
I'm all there is, full of empty, made of nothing
And shattered- I'm the Left Behind,
I'm the Broken,
I'm the Suffering.
And standing among a hundred, I'm so suddenly alone
So suddenly...
Yet I always knew this was the train I'd catch
I watched it come,
Climbed on it,
And then fell prey to pitiful shock when it lead me here,
So far from the world,
So close to pain...
Steadfast,
Like my heart beats it way out,
I try.
But the losing game lives up to itself,
I stay here, on this train,
And I'm still left over.
I'm the Left Behind.

3 comments:

Ruefle said...

This poem goes under one of my favorites from your works. It's amazing, and it is so touching.
I can't believe this is categorized as 'whims' and 'trying again'. It's simply dramatic with those use of words that leave a pang for the reader. I read it aloud, I read it to myself, and even singing it is beautiful.
The flow is magnificent. It seems emotions for you play a big role, and even if you're depressed or sad, they produce fine works such as this. I hope to read more.

kayla nicole said...

Thanks for the comment. ^^ This poem is amazing. I love reading poems/novels. I'm going to follow, I can't wait to see more from you! :D

Eric Chao said...

Amazing poem, mary hannah, it's said beautifully and gracefully. The poem holds awesome depth and quality with vivid imagery. I hope to see more like this.

Post a Comment