This is an excerpt from my work in progress book, Chasing Light:
Dear Cedric,
I hope you know that I have thought of this before now. I write not on impulse, but straining contemplation that has left me distressed since they very day our separation was conceived. How to begin... I don't know. I am sure of nothing anymore, Cedric. Not you. Certainly not myself. How could I be? Is that not the exact subterfuge of my first downfall? I placed my life in your hands, and my heart... my soul. I gave you my soul. But you've lost it, and so have I. Trust did not become you any better than acrimony, my Cedric. I don't know if I'll ever place it again... to run against the wind has proven impossible, but a great deal more bearable than running with it, because that requires trust. Do you know what you've done to me? You've made me afraid. When in my life have I ever been a creature of fear? Never. Not until now.
Hatefully,
Your Margret
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
dangg girl, you feisty, margaret!
i hope margaret doesn't send this letter to cedric because she'll probably get a stalker-like blow to her head.
it was very...i don't know. it was blunt, frank, and painfully true. i liked reading it, because i like how you have margaret a definite personality. it really brings out the details of the excerpt to surface in the reader's mind without you having to say it.
i hope to read more of your works--as always,
annie.
wow. wut a strongly worded letter, im sure that'll scorch his conscience and leave him with nightmares. That aside, I liked how u described how Cedric betrayed Margret without just blurting it out, like "WHY DIDN'T U CALL ME LAST NIGHT?" ur use of personification is wonderful, and i loved the end where it said, "Hatefully, Your Margret". keep up the great work.
Post a Comment